Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tuesday Teaser for 10/22

For the folks who are checking in regularly for the teaser I apologize for the lateness. Long day. For those of you who come late - no apology, you didn't notice anyway. I am just glad you are here!

This week we will be looking at making God's love come alive through us. I am intrigued that the author uses the story of Jacob and Esau re-uniting to teach us a lesson on love. An unexpected story for me, but one I am warming to. Who else on earth do we love more easily and sometimes more difficultly(Is that a word?) than our siblings/families? Those outside our families can be dropped if they over-irritate us, however family is for life, creating an interesting tension if irritation occurs. How does this play out in God's family. Why is it that we can drop our Christian family members without much remorse? To be frank...Where is the love? Christ himself said "By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." (Jn 13:35)

Would anyone KNOW that I was His disciple if I didn't tell them? Would they know about you?

See you tomorrow!

No comments: