Thursday, October 02, 2008

REAL Intimacy

Hello Girls! Thanks to everyone who is checking in on the blog. I enjoyed class last night and I want to give my appreciation to everyone for going along with my rambling about women at the well In our separated existence, in our separate houses, in separate neighborhoods, I do miss the image of female community that has existed in times past. Lets work toward having that community again, although lets keep the indoor plumbing and do something else. :)

Let's keep in mind the applications for this week:
  • Share something about yourself that you normally wouldn't reveal
  • Entrust one of your tasks to someone else this week
  • Gift a gift to a friend that says something about yourself

Keeping true to the concept of intimacy I am going to apply one of our homework topics to this blog. When teaching and talking to groups I tend to stay as upbeat as possible, but that would not be authentic today. So I am going to share what I normally wouldn't. I had a bad day. Nothing bad happened, everyone is well and happy. We are looking forward to a weekend at the Zoe conference and a chance to worship with a ton of Christians at once. Life is good. Nevertheless I allowed myself to get overwhelmed and in a funk anyway. That was not what I originally intended to write, however it is authentically where I was today and it does fulfill homework number one. It is against my nature to say that in a group setting. Please note that I used the past tense when relating my funk. While not quite up to perky status, I have regained some measure of okayness. :) I know that we all have moments, hours, days, weeks, and sometimes even longer periods of what I refer to as general funkiness. It is ok to admit that. You need not look perfect all the time.

I pray for greater intimacy in our group and in our church. I pray that our closeness will mimic Christ as He related to His friends/family while here on earth and how He relates now to each who walks in His way. I am too comfortable with things being "nice." Intimacy will not always be easy or pretty and we may get our feelings hurt but I believe it will draw us on to greater things.

Have a great week!

No comments: