Sunday, March 28, 2010

Second Post

Making progress on connecting to the internet with repeatability.

Here's Jeans post from last night.

VOH 100327
Saturday 3/27/10
Greetings from Ghana!! Dr. Mike, thank you for sending us off with prayer and thank you for asking for specifics! We arrived with all trunks and all luggage! Yea! And, yes, while we were waiting for the bus there was a wonderful gentle breeze. We thanked God and thanked you for asking for it! Well, tonight I am going to tell you about bathroom adventures! Two of us have already gotten in trouble and both were in an airport bathroom! FCCP teachers, I was washing my hands and then pulled off paper towels and started to dry my hands. Before I could use the towel to turn off the faucet a lady airport worker leaned over and pushed the faucet down. I looked over at her and she said, “I just can not watch that!” I said, “I was about to turn it off with the paper towel.” Her reply, “Now, you don’t have to because I did it for you.” So, let it be known to all of Germany that I am sorry I wasted water!When we arrived in Accra, some of us were in the bathroom waiting our turn. Sheena was coming out and a big security lady pushed in front of everyone and went in. She turned backed to Sheena and frowned and said, “You did not flush!” Sheena replied, “I tried to, but it wouldn’t flush. The lady came out and just glared at Sheena. The rest of us were about to break up. Then when the lady walked into customs as we were walking through, Sheena was just sure she was going to come get her. It was pretty funny.So then we went to a restaurant to eat before coming to the village. In that bathroom, the soap bottle was Head and Shoulders!!!! That was a new approach, but our hands are dandruff free! And they had no towels!! So the ole drip dry method had to be put into action.What a fun day! We had a great devo tonight lead by the ever energetic Erik Bonner and now to bed. G, M,A,L,K,C,R,and T, I love you all! Jean