Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tuesday, March 17, 2009,

4:16 PM
We started working today. Austin and I were gophers and we just worked when someone needed something, like lunch or a bag or some water. But, at least we had jobs. Mom, Beth, and Paul are walking to Fettah right now. It is kinda far away, it's something like 2-3 miles away. Not to bad, but still hot and tiring. I'm not going because we're going to the beach later and I don't want to be to tired for that. I want to go, but I'll be to tired. I do think it will be fun and I think I'll go sometime before we leave like tomorrow. But I need to think about today. I found this Pepsi bottle cap while working with Jean. I'm going to make it into a necklace for Pepsi and all I need is string. But, string alludes you when your across the globe. BUT, I bet you money RICHARD has some. I mean, he has EVERYTHING IMAGINABLE!!! He has a Roman dictionary for cryin out loud!! And the man doesn't have STRING!!?? W-O-W!!! Well that about summarizes my day, well except that I met some kids today. I think there from Fettah. They're preschoolers, so they pronounce my name Ales not Alex. But all the Africans say my name that way. I don't mind. At least they know my name.
Well, I have to go. g2g.
Alex Bulldozr63
=========================================================================================
6:15PM
I will try to locate some string for Alex! Today was very productive for those of us at the preschool. Laurie and I observed some and organized some and cleaned some and threw away anything we could get away with. How I wish I had brought some Anywhere spray!! I was pleased that the teachers were using songs and poems and such. They are really trying to be excellent. They still don't want to let the children play when they are through with their work. We are working on that. We brought several new "quiet" activities, so maybe they will allow that. I had a bunch of containers delivered last night. I need more!!
During our organizing, a lizard fell off the wall or ceiling or something and landed right in Laurie's hand. What a treat! Lizards are in abundance apparently this year...at least in the preschool building!
The wood is coming in the morning for new shelves for the classrooms and the staff room. I think many of the men are going to help so they'll have a shelf party and get them made in no time! I will be happy to see them in the rooms!
Glynn, I made a CD I can't find. I am so hopeful I didn't leave it ...maybe in the computer. If I did, let me know so I won't keep looking for it.
Tomorrow we are to teach and be observed, then watch while they teach. In the afternoon, we will have a meeting with all teachers at different times. I am blessed by these teachers ande all they do will such few tools. What a blessing it is to have the facilities we have and the teachers we have and the supplies we have at Farragut.
Weather still has not seemed as bad as in the past, (not that it isn't very hot and humid. )
Everyone keeps asking if we've heard from anyone, so keep those messages coming. Paul is getting lonely not hearing from his flock! Preacher Paul actually became a math teacher today!
Thank you for all your prayers and support!! Lots of love to you all!
Jean
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
6:55pm
Whoa today was pretty cool even though i didn't really do a lot. Hopefully tomorrow i will have an actual job!! : ///
I just got done playing with all of the kids. They are all friendly here. We all played football (soccer) and keep away. Cameron was playing with all of the girls and while she was, she was preaching to them about how they are so happy and thankful they are to have a home and a place to have fun and that the people in America are not as happy and they have all of these things and they are not thankful for what they have!! i was soooooo proud of her and when told everyone what she did everyone started to tear. : '(
Wish me luck that i will have a job tomorrow!!! MOM, DAD LOVE YOU TWO MISS U GUYS : ) comment the blog i wanna hear from u
@U$10 "AUSTIN"
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++================================================
Tuesday, March 17, 2009

7:25 PM
Hey people.Okay, now let me start talking. I've had my moment. I had a lot of fun playing w/ the kids today. I gave some of them nicknames like one's name was Ramses, he is now RAMSES THE GREAT!!! and another was a small boy named Andrew, his name is now Squirt. But that was fun. We played keep away and soccer and pass the ball and etc..well for the most part, we had fun okay? Need me to spell it for you? Well, F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me, N is for 'nyone 'nytime at all, down here in the hot, hot Ghana! Ding-ding-ding-de-da-da-ding-ding-ding-de-da-da!! It's a song. Well it was awesome, I love this place. It's fun. So fun!!
Well, I like pie and pi and stuff, so bye, y'a'll.
Alex Bulldozr63
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, March 17, 2009; 2043h
What an awesome thought to know that so many of you are praying for us around the clock, daily. Think about that, would you? That is just a part of the powerful prayer resources available to us. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR US!
Today, I went to Sinya, a small village of abject poverty, near Fetteh, to work with some of "Michelle's Kids" as a physician. The worst circumstances in facilities and resources were overwhelmed by the joyful singing of about 20 primary school kids in a relatively dark corner of the church building. I was captured from thereon for the morning. Kids walking on their flattened palms, using their flexed knees for balance, as they traveled over the threshold into my "clinic exam room." These cerebral palsy kids will steal your heart with their bright eyes and gap-tooth smiles, but I couldn't help but remember how The morning went so fast that the alarm clock in Michelle's announcement told me it was time to go to lunch and leave this very plain place full of beautiful souls that have touched and brightened my life.
Got Joy?
Jon
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 10 p.m.
It was a great first day at the clinic. I really enjoyed spending time with all of the people and their kids. Everyone was so appreciative of all that we are blessed to offer. This would not be possible with out everyone of you.
Our time at Sinya this morning was particular challenging and rewarding. Blake and I were able to step up and get our "teacher certification" in math. It reminded me of working with Abbie except they have no books or workbooks and the ages of the students really vary with just one chalk board in the dark back corner of the church. We were able to keep the kids attention by working through their math primary allowing Michelle and Jon to work with the kids and give them medical attention. We will be going back in the morning so Michelle can work on their physical therapy. I was blessed to get a invitation to a Bible study this afternoon with some of the house parents for a few minutes before I headed back for supper. It was good to just sit and listen with our brothers and sisters from the Village of Hope.
Hopefully David will share with you about our visitor tonight that joined us during our devotion time.
Continue to pray for the work here this week and for each of us. Hope you are being blessed in your walk and growing in your trust daily.
Love, ----Paul
========================================================================================

For those that attempted to comment earlier and couldn't. It was operator error. Hopefully, we'll remember locate the right check box in the future.

James

6 comments:

Big Daddy said...

It is such a thrill to hear about all your experiences! In my mind I can hear the celestial voices singing in worship at Fettah; can smell the smells of cooking, smoke, and sweat; can see the smiles of hope, trust, and gratitude in the faces of the clinic patients and the kids of the Village; and can feel the hugs and handshakes of fellow Christians who live in such a different world half way around the world. I am so thankful all of you are getting to experience this because, believe me, it will affect your lives forever!
We continue to raise you up in our prayers for continued health and safety. Jesus is clearly being revealed to others through you as you play with children, encourage the houseparents, discuss theology with the village elders, lay on healing hands in the clinic, and offer smiles and encouraging words to all you meet.
Keep the entertaining blogs coming!
Mike Phillips

Farragut Church said...

Hello to all,
It is Wednesday already! Can you believe how quickly the week is going by? It sounds like God is doing amazing things through you and in you.
Richard, what were you thinking? Everybody should take string with them to Africa? Ha. We are loving all the accounts of your daily adventures. Hopefully the comment issue has been solved. I have received calls and e-mails from friends and family who are trying to send comments. Be sure to go back to previous posts. There may be some new comments on them.

Hope your day is great. Tell Latishia hello for me. I know she is taking good care of you all. She is amazing!

Lots of Love,
ANNA

Sarah East Head said...

It is amazing to know that you are in Africa and can communicate to us in Tennessee on a daily basis. Your group is on our church prayer list. I know this experience will be a life-changing blessing for everyone. My thoughts are especially with James, Beth and Ruth and I look forward to hearing their story and whatever James has recorded, photographed, tracked, etc, etc, etc.

Farragut Church said...

Hey guys.
Just wanted you to know I am thinking of all of you and you are in my prayers daily. I’m sorry Paul but the image of someone trying to translate for you made me laugh. I had to say a prayer for that person. And Richard please behave yourself. When I reminded Glenn that you went he looked at me and ask “Who is keeping him out of trouble?” Jean I guess that is you!.

Thank you all for allowing me to hear and see what you are experiencing through your words. You make me laugh and cry. May God continue to give you the strength you need for everything you do and every life you touch.

Love to you all

Pat Smith

Elisabeth said...

Jean,
It sounds like you are doing wonderful things at the preschool. I hope the shelves are being built and I know you will have things organized and labeled if possible. I'm keeping you in my prayers that you continue to have a great week and that you have a safe return home.

ellenkaye said...

I am reading blogs now on Farragut Church Msg Board; I do not see blogs that I saw previously. Perhaps none of my family nor any in the group who traveled to Ghana have heard a word from me? I WILL keep hoping that you see my blogs to at least know you are gone, but not forgotten! Not worried about any of you, but totally at peace that your being so busy is exactly what you are there for. After all, the limited time you are at the VOH just evaporates - literally - as thin a vapor. A lot like LIFE. It is very good to hear the young thoughts - from those who have traveled to the VOH for the first time. Sending love to each.